Sunday, April 27, 2008

How do you get a wooden chicken?

Well first you have your hen sit on wooden eggs! I went out to check on our new baby chic and noticed mama hen had 3 more eggs she was sitting on. When she got up to eat the cantelope with her hubby rooster I picked up each egg. Three were smaller then the others. I gently shook them (yes i am sure I caused shaken chicken syndrome) and three made no noise and felt more solid then the others. Upon closer inspection I realized those three eggs were WOODEN HABA EGGS! Apparently, Journey put these three eggs under mama hen to hatch into wooden chics.

2 comments:

ambersrose said...

I love this story! So sweet.

Ysha said...

are any of the kids old enough to point the camera at you ma? I hear you live in the butiful boonies, no wonder you haven't written. - Ysha