Sunday, September 21, 2008

Homeschooling the Enki way.... first few days


Well we have officially started! I get excited every evening getting what we need ready. Reading over our weekly story, nature story and craft. I dont have the true rhythm down yet. But after 2 weeks I am getting close. The kids respond so well to a set rhythm and this is my goal for them and myself, to know what is coming next each day. Khyro did his first craft from Enki craft book. It is a ribbon staff. He was excited at first and then became very frustrated. I read him the story of a fox chasing a rabbit that I borrowed from another Enki HS mom. He didnt quite understand it, so I read it again. By the 4th ribbon he was able to do it himself. Afterwards he just sat there like he was emberassed? I let him know how proud I was of him. He then asked if he could leave it there to show his dad, of course! I let him know that now he could get a pair of shoes that he can tie all on his own, he was very happy about that!!

No comments: